Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Clam dip has been around the party scene for a long time. This classic recipe is used by many American cooks at many different types of gatherings.
- 1 (7 ounce) can clams, chopped, drained, juice reserved
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients plus 4 tablespoons of the reserved clam juice in a bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Put mixture in a serving bowl and chill.
- Serve with potato chips, crackers, or small pieces of raw vegetables.
Well, I've been on the American scene since 1964 (the year I was born), and this was the first clam dip I've had occasion to try. It's delicious! Clam dip!? Where have you been all my life? :) My husband, on the other hand, reports that he has tried 'many' clam dips, and he said this ranks right up there with the best of'em!
I was looking for some recipes for a fifties theme party. This fit the bill. It was so easy to make and the bowl was scraped clean at the party. I also liked the fact I could make it the night before. I served it with crackers, celery and carrots.
My dh made this for our New Year's Eve appy buffet and I'm so glad that he found it. I'd never had clam dip before but this is great! I preferred it with crackers over chips.