Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
There are a lot of mousse recipes out there. This is the one I prefer. Easy to make and so good. It makes me happy!
- For mousse: Heat whipping cream gently in double-boiler or small saucepan until it comes to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate.
- Stir until the chocolate has completely melted.
- Whisk in the egg yolks and brandy.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Beat 1/3 cup cream, sugar and vanilla in medium bowl to stiff peaks.
- Fold into cooled chocolate mixture.
- Spoon into wineglasses.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
- For cream: Beat cream, sugar and brandy in medium bowl to soft peaks.
- Top mousse with dollops of cream.
Chocolatey, smooth, rich and easy to make - what more could you ask for? I had never made chocolate mousse before, and was surprised had how simple this recipe was, yet it produced "wow" results.
I was looking for a lighter airier version - simple but way too dense and thick for my liking. Used good quality chocolate and brandy as both will make a difference in taste.