1/2 Photos of Classic Chocolate Mousse
There are a lot of mousse recipes out there. This is the one I prefer. Easy to make and so good. It makes me happy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons brandy (optional)
- 1/3 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1For mousse: Heat whipping cream gently in double-boiler or small saucepan until it comes to a simmer.
- 2Remove from heat and add chocolate.
- 3Stir until the chocolate has completely melted.
- 4Whisk in the egg yolks and brandy.
- 5Set aside to cool completely.
- 6Beat 1/3 cup cream, sugar and vanilla in medium bowl to stiff peaks.
- 7Fold into cooled chocolate mixture.
- 8Spoon into wineglasses.
- 9Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
- 10For cream: Beat cream, sugar and brandy in medium bowl to soft peaks.
- 11Top mousse with dollops of cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Chocolate Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.2
- Calories from Fat 534
- Total Fat 59.3 g
- Saturated Fat 36.2 g
- Cholesterol 233.9 mg
- Sodium 50.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 8.7 g