Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe comes from Dominique's Restaurant in Washington, DC. It's one of our favorite French restaurants in the world. The desserts are heavenly!
- 4 ounces sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons coffee, strong and hot
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup extra finely granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon jamaican rum
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Grate the chocolate and melt over hot water, stirring constantly.
- Add hot coffee and blend well.
- Beat egg yolks and fine granulated sugar together with a whisk or electric beater for approximately 3 minutes or until they are thick and pale yellow in color.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture and rum.
- Whip the cream with the 1 tsp of sugar then beat the egg whites stiff but not dry and gently fold into the chocolate mixture alternatively with the whipped cream.
- Pour into chilled cups, champagne glasses, or a souffle dish.
- Chill for approximately 1 hour, or until set.