Recipe by Kathy!!
Crisper and way better than store-bought ice cream sandwiches. You can use whatever flavor of ice cream you love!! You will not be able to keep these in the freezer.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder, plus
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter, sugars and vanilla until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in the egg whites one at a time.
- In a small bowl, stir together the dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to dough and mix on low until combined.
- Scrape dough onto a piece of plastic wrap, seal and refrigerate several hours or until firm.
- Roll out dough to 1/8 inch thick between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Dough will be approximately the size of a jelly roll pan. Transfer to a jelly roll pan. Remove top piece of parchment. If parchment sticks to dough, simply bake with both pieces on. The parchment will come off easily once baked.
- Bake about 20 minutes until slightly puffed and firm. Remove from oven and cut into rectangles 2 1/2" by 4 1/2 ".
- Let cool on the pan.
- Once cool, layer your favorite icecream between two cookies.
- You can get really creative and roll the edges in nuts, candies, mini chocolate chips etc.
- Wrap and freeze.