Recipe by mielhollinger
A vegan version of the kind of cookies that Grandma used to make. Serve with a big cold glass of soy milk. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan.")
Top Review by Bixer
- 3⁄4 cup dry sweetener
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sweetener, margarine, oil, water, and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the margarine mixture and the chocolate chips and mix together well.
- Scoop spoon-sized portions onto an unoiled cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are browned.
- Let cool before removing from cookie sheet.