Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A vegan version of the kind of cookies that Grandma used to make. Serve with a big cold glass of soy milk. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan.")
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sweetener, margarine, oil, water, and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the margarine mixture and the chocolate chips and mix together well.
- Scoop spoon-sized portions onto an unoiled cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are browned.
- Let cool before removing from cookie sheet.
I just made these with my 4yr old daughter who has an egg allergy. They were great and she could lick the bowl out too! My husband & son loved them as well. The recipe made 22 good-sized cookies.