Prep 1 hr
Cook 9 mins
This Recipe was adapted from the "Got Milk? The Cookie Book". It's sure to make a big hit at the dessert table!
- 118.29 ml butter, room temperature
- 88.74 ml granulated sugar
- 88.74 ml brown sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml hot water
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour, plus
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour, on a humid day (optional)
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 170.09 g ghirardelli semisweet chocolate bars
- 118.29 ml walnuts (roasted)
- 118.29 ml pecans (roasted)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugars, salt, vanilla until well combines, but not until fluffy. Add egg. Beat for a couple of more seconds.
- In a medium bowl, combine baking soda and hot water and stir. Make sure that there are no big crumbles left over. Let sit for a minute or two.
- Add flour to baking soda mixture. Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients and mix on low speed, just until absorbed.
- When cutting chocolate do not use knife, since you’ll lose a lot of extra chocolate, instead break with your hands. Should be about 1 cm big.
- In small bowl, combine ¾ of the chocolate chunks to nuts, either use walnuts or pecans, and put aside the extra chunks. (For better taste, roast nuts on baking sheet at 375°F for 5 minutes. Stir chocolate mixture into dough.)Refrigerate for a half an hour.
- Shape the dough into 1 ½ inch balls, use a 1 ½ ice cream scoop so the dough pieces are all the same size, and drop them about 3 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Add the remaining chocolate chunks on top of dough balls, about 3-4 chunks on each ball. Bake 9-12 minutes or until golden. Let sit for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.