1 hr 9 mins
This Recipe was adapted from the "Got Milk? The Cookie Book". It's sure to make a big hit at the dessert table!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, on a humid day (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces ghirardelli semisweet chocolate bars
- 1/2 cup walnuts (roasted)
- 1/2 cup pecans (roasted)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugars, salt, vanilla until well combines, but not until fluffy. Add egg. Beat for a couple of more seconds.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine baking soda and hot water and stir. Make sure that there are no big crumbles left over. Let sit for a minute or two.
- 4Add flour to baking soda mixture. Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients and mix on low speed, just until absorbed.
- 5When cutting chocolate do not use knife, since you’ll lose a lot of extra chocolate, instead break with your hands. Should be about 1 cm big.
- 6In small bowl, combine ¾ of the chocolate chunks to nuts, either use walnuts or pecans, and put aside the extra chunks. (For better taste, roast nuts on baking sheet at 375°F for 5 minutes. Stir chocolate mixture into dough.)Refrigerate for a half an hour.
- 7Shape the dough into 1 ½ inch balls, use a 1 ½ ice cream scoop so the dough pieces are all the same size, and drop them about 3 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Add the remaining chocolate chunks on top of dough balls, about 3-4 chunks on each ball. Bake 9-12 minutes or until golden. Let sit for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.4
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 65.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 1.2 g