Recipe by Wischefski
This Recipe was adapted from the "Got Milk? The Cookie Book". It's sure to make a big hit at the dessert table!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, on a humid day (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces ghirardelli semisweet chocolate bars
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (roasted)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (roasted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugars, salt, vanilla until well combines, but not until fluffy. Add egg. Beat for a couple of more seconds.
- In a medium bowl, combine baking soda and hot water and stir. Make sure that there are no big crumbles left over. Let sit for a minute or two.
- Add flour to baking soda mixture. Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients and mix on low speed, just until absorbed.
- When cutting chocolate do not use knife, since you’ll lose a lot of extra chocolate, instead break with your hands. Should be about 1 cm big.
- In small bowl, combine ¾ of the chocolate chunks to nuts, either use walnuts or pecans, and put aside the extra chunks. (For better taste, roast nuts on baking sheet at 375°F for 5 minutes. Stir chocolate mixture into dough.)Refrigerate for a half an hour.
- Shape the dough into 1 ½ inch balls, use a 1 ½ ice cream scoop so the dough pieces are all the same size, and drop them about 3 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Add the remaining chocolate chunks on top of dough balls, about 3-4 chunks on each ball. Bake 9-12 minutes or until golden. Let sit for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.