Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
With morsels of semisweet chocolate nestled in rich butter cookie dough, these drop and bake cookies have become a longtime favorite.
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 177.44 ml packed brown sugar
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml semisweet chocolate pieces
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts
- preheat oven to 375. In a large bowl, combine butter and shortening; beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt; beat until mixture is combined. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour, the chocolate pieces and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire rack; let cool.
- To store: layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
There's nothing like a warm chocolate chip cookie with a big, cold glass of milk! These are really good even though I skipped the walnuts (my youngest son doesn't like them). This is a great go-to recipe for a classic cookie! Made for my adopted chef for PAC 2011. Thanks Nurse_Corie! :)