Recipe by MrsStacy Casas
I got this yummy cake recipe from "Better Homes And Gardens,m New Baking Book"
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and lightly flour two 9x1 1/2-inch round baking pans or grease one 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set pan (s) aside.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside In a large mixing bowl beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar; beat until well combined.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat chocolate and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture, beatiang on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan (s).
- Bake in a 350 degree over for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool layer cakes in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans.
- Cool thoroughly on wire racks.
- Or, place 13x9-inch cake in pan on a wire rack; cool thoroughly.
- Frost with desired frosting.