Recipe by mariposa13
From The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook. Per Serving: 7 net carbs, 10 total carbs, 3g fiber, 36g protein, 26g fat, 410 calories
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 1133.98 g ground round or 1133.98 g ground sirloin
- 907.18 g ground pork
- 1 large red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped (or white)
- 59.14 ml chili powder
- 29.58 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 3 (1190.67 g) can diced tomatoes
- 236.59 ml cooked pinto beans, drained (or canned)
- 14.79 ml salt
- 7.39 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large heavy-bottomed saucepan or dutch oven over high heat.
- Add beef and pork; saute until browned, about 5 minute.
- Drain off all but 2 tbsp fat.
- Add bell pepper, onion, chili powder, cumin, and oregano, stirring to coat meat and vegetables with spices; saute until vegetables soften, about 5 minute.
- Add tomatoes. Reduce heat to med-low; cover and simmer until chili gets thick and flavors blend, about 1 hours.
- Add beans; heat through about 3 minute Stir in salt and pepper and serve.