Recipe by mariposa13
From The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook. Per Serving: 7 net carbs, 10 total carbs, 3g fiber, 36g protein, 26g fat, 410 calories
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground round or 2 1⁄2 lbs ground sirloin
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1 large red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped (or white)
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans, drained (or canned)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large heavy-bottomed saucepan or dutch oven over high heat.
- Add beef and pork; saute until browned, about 5 minute.
- Drain off all but 2 tbsp fat.
- Add bell pepper, onion, chili powder, cumin, and oregano, stirring to coat meat and vegetables with spices; saute until vegetables soften, about 5 minute.
- Add tomatoes. Reduce heat to med-low; cover and simmer until chili gets thick and flavors blend, about 1 hours.
- Add beans; heat through about 3 minute Stir in salt and pepper and serve.