Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From my mom. Amounts are estimates
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Brown ground chuck, onion, peppers, and garlic.
- Add beans, tomatoes, and chiles. Heat through.
- Add tomato paste and spices. Add water to reach desired consistency.
- Simmer until ready to eat.
Wonderful! Made half a batch for DH's and my lunch today (which was great being a cool rainy day) and followed the instructions completely even have some left to freeze for another meal. Definately easy and tasty. One I will make again. Going into my Favorites of 2012! Thank you for posting the recipe. Made for Fall Pick a Chef 2012 tag game.