1/3 Photos of Classic Chicken Pot Pie
This is the best Chicken Pot Pie recipe that I have had the pleasure of making and eating. It is easy, inexpensive, always well received and a staple in my recipe rounder for at least 4 years. From Pillsbury.com: What makes a classic? Chicken and mixed vegetables in a rich homemade white sauce fill a flaky pie crust that's perfection.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts, box (15 oz)
- 1Heat oven to 425°F Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- 2In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.
- 3Stir in chicken and mixed vegetables. Remove from heat. Spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- 4Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. During last 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.2
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 59.6 mg
- Sodium 637.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 19.1 g