1/1 Photo of Classic Chicken Pot Pie
1 hr 5 mins
Chef corella's Note:
I made this for my boyfriend whom is the pickiest eater alive. He loved it! It is simple no chopping or fuss at all. Pre-cooked diced chicken can be found in frozen section of your gocery store and works great!I serve this with garlic mashed potatoes usually.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) package pie dough
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rubbed sage
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, pre-cooked and diced
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups frozen mixed vegetables (I use frozen peas, corn, carrots, and geenbeans.)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 1Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2In a plastic bag, mix flour, salt, pepper, and sage. Mix well, then add chicken. Mix again.
- 3Brown chicken in a large skillet. Add water slowly to loosen brown bits.
- 4Add veggies and soup then simmer for ten minutes.
- 5Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan and add bottom pie crust.
- 6pour in chicken and veggie mixture then add top crust. Cut slits in to crust to let out steam.
- 7Cook for 45 minutes in a pre-heated oven.
- 8After 20 minutes cover edges of cust with tinfoil.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 652.8
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 48.5 mg
- Sodium 589.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 26.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream of chicken and mushroom soup