Recipe by Chef corella
I made this for my boyfriend whom is the pickiest eater alive. He loved it! It is simple no chopping or fuss at all. Pre-cooked diced chicken can be found in frozen section of your gocery store and works great!I serve this with garlic mashed potatoes usually.
- 1 (15 ounce) package pie dough
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rubbed sage
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, pre-cooked and diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups frozen mixed vegetables (I use frozen peas, corn, carrots, and geenbeans.)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a plastic bag, mix flour, salt, pepper, and sage. Mix well, then add chicken. Mix again.
- Brown chicken in a large skillet. Add water slowly to loosen brown bits.
- Add veggies and soup then simmer for ten minutes.
- Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan and add bottom pie crust.
- pour in chicken and veggie mixture then add top crust. Cut slits in to crust to let out steam.
- Cook for 45 minutes in a pre-heated oven.
- After 20 minutes cover edges of cust with tinfoil.