Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is delicious! Unlike many pies this is low in saturated fat and contains lean meat. I would recommend this for people with diabetes.
- 600 g skinless chicken breasts
- cooking spray
- 1 medium onion
- 250 g mushrooms (quartered)
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 2 (80 g) packets cream of mushroom soup mix
- 2 (80 g) packets cream of chicken soup mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon light margarine
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- Pre heat oven 220c.
- To make pie filling: Cut chicken into bite sized pieces coat a large non stick frypan with cooking spray, saute chicken for three minutes. Add onion and cook two minutes add mushrooms and cook two minutes combine milk with soup mixes then pour into pan stir in parsley and add pepper to taste. Once mixture has boiled pour into casserole dish and leave to one side.
- To make pie top:.
- Melt margarine in microwave, add to milk and combine add egg white, beat with fork until blended. In a medium mixing bowl put flour and salt, pour milk mixture into flour and combine. Turn onto floured surface and roll out dough to the size of the casserole dish. Using a rolling pin, roll up pie top and lift onto top of filling. Trim edges and make a decorative edge by using the back of a fork, or pinch the edges with the tips of your fingers. Using a pastry brush, brush a little milk over top.
- Bake 10 minutes or until top is golden and cooked in the centre.