Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
In 'Williams-Sonoma Soup of the Day'
Make and share this Classic Chicken Noodle Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 leek, white part only, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1⁄2 lb dried egg noodles
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced flat leaf parsley
- In a large saucepan, warm the oil over medium heat.
- When it is hot, add the celery, leek, and carrot and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, bay leaf, thyme, and shredded chicken.
- Bring to a boil over med-high heat.
- Add the noodles, stir well, and cook just until the noodles are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf from the soup.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve, garnished with the parsley.