Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I got this recipe from a friend after she dazzled us with it for her grand fanale of a great dinner. It was so good and creamy, and makes a spectacular dessert for special ocassions!
- 32 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature It is important to use good quality ingredients Preheat oven to 350 Beat together cream cheese and butter Beat in sugar and then one egg at a time Mix in sour cream and vanilla Combine flour and cornstarch and mix into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into LARGE, greased, spring-form pan Put into oven and bake, watching carefully, until outer edges JUST begin to puff up.
- When that happens, turn down oven to 250.
- Bake for another hour-- unless it starts to brown, if that happens turn off the oven.
- and leave in for several hours or over night.
- If it doesn't start to brown, then at the end of the one hour cooking time, turn oven on high just until the coils turn red, then turn oven off and leave in for several hours or over night.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving.
- Serve with desired topping.
- I use cherry pie filling.
- ***Theseare very special cooking instructions that I recieved from a friend.
- I've made this recipe once without following the instructions and ended up with a cheesecke split down the middle, BUT, It was still delicious!