1 hr 15 mins
My mom has been making this at Christmas for years. This is a great basic cheesecake; it can be topped with anything you like. The time does not include the 8 hours that this should be cooled and refrigerated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat cream cheese, sour cream, and butter until smooth.
- 2Mix in sugar, corn starch, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- 3Beat in eggs one at a time.
- 4Pour the mixture into a springform pan.
- 5Place the springform pan into a larger pan.
- 6Add water in the larger pan to halfway up the springform pan.
- 7Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- 8Turn off the oven, open the oven door and let the cheesecake cool for one hour.
- 9Remove the cheesecake from the oven and cool another hour.
- 10The top of the cheesecake should be slightly brown and cracked.
- 11Refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.6
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.4 g
- Saturated Fat 27.3 g
- Cholesterol 209.1 mg
- Sodium 328.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 9.6 g