Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom has been making this at Christmas for years. This is a great basic cheesecake; it can be topped with anything you like. The time does not include the 8 hours that this should be cooled and refrigerated.
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream, and butter until smooth.
- Mix in sugar, corn starch, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Pour the mixture into a springform pan.
- Place the springform pan into a larger pan.
- Add water in the larger pan to halfway up the springform pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven, open the oven door and let the cheesecake cool for one hour.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and cool another hour.
- The top of the cheesecake should be slightly brown and cracked.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving.
I made this again for a friend for Christmas Eve. She said everybody loved it.