Recipe by Kim D.
This is an excellent cheese log! I make it every Christmas and everyone always loves it. Prep time does not include chilling time.
- 2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese (8 oz.)
- 1 cup finely shredded swiss cheese (4 oz.)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons horseradish mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, bring cheese to room temperature.
- Add sour cream, horseradish mustard, and onion powder.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined and slightly fluffy.
- Line a 4 cup mold or a 7X3-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle half the pecans into the mold.
- Spread half the cheese mixture over the pecans.
- Top with remaining pecans.
- Then, spread the remaining cheese mixture on top.
- Press into pan to make a even layer.
- Cover and chill for 2-48 hours.
- To serve, unmold on a serving tray and let stand 10 minutes before serving.