Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Process all the ingredients (except the almonds) in a food processor until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary, about1 minute.
- Transfer the cheese mixture to the center of a large sheet of plastic wrap.
- Seal the cheese in the wrap and shape into a rough ball (the mixture will be somewhat loose).
- Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours (the cheese ball can be refrigerated for up to2 days).
- Once the cheese ball is firm, reshape it as necessary into a smooth sphere.
- Unwrap the cheese ball and roll it in the almonds.
- Let it sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.