Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can substitute two 10-ounce bags of chopped romaine lettuce for the hearts.
Make and share this Classic Caesar Salad(Cook's Country) recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- French baguette, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- salt and pepper
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 anchovy fillets, rinsed and patted dry (optional)
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml white wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts, torn into bite-sized pieces (about 12 cups)
- 1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk oil and garlic in large bowl; reserve 1/4 cup. Toss bread with remaining oil mixture and season with salt and pepper. Bake bread on rimmed baking sheet until golden, about 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- 2. Process mayonnaise, grated Parmesan, anchovy (if using), lemon juice, vinegar, Worcestershire, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in blender until smooth. With machine running, pour in reserved oil and process until thoroughly incorporated.
- 3. Toss romaine, shredded Parmesan, and dressing in large bowl. Add croutons and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.