Recipe by Dib's
Love this stuff. Sometimes we add seasoned cooked chicken breast for a 1 dish meal. Did you know that this salad was "invented" in Tijuana, Mexico?
Top Review by spatchcock
fantastic salad. I used real anchovy fillets, because I don't mind the litle "floaty" parts :-)--but really , I have tried several Caesar dressings and this one is really good. You can trust it! Thanks di for the recommendation and the recipe!
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2 clove garlic
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml anchovy paste
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 fresh egg yolk
- 78.07 ml canola oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into 1 and 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 piece toasted white bread, cut into small cubes
- 158.51-236.59 ml parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large wooden or glass bowl mash the garlic into the salt until smooth.
- Add the dijon, worcestershire, and anchovy paste.
- Whisk well.
- Add the lemon juice and whisk well.
- Add the egg yolk (some use the whole egg) and whisk well.
- Add the oil in a slow,, steady stream while whisking like mad.
- Keep whisking until dressing is smooth and creamy looking.
- Add the romaine and toast cubes and toss well.
- Add the parmesan cheese and toss well again.
- Serve right away.