Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is the classic original Caesar Salad with the dressing made from scratch. It has that bite that the best Caesar Salad dressings are supposed to have. This dressing will wow your guests and have them asking you where you bought it. I learned and refined this recipe while in culinary school. It is very important that you use fresh ingredients that have not been pre-processed (ie. lemon not bottle of lemon juice, block of parmesan cheese not parmesan cheese already grated in a container, etc.).
- 1 ounce anchovy (approximately 2)
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic (approximately 4 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg yolk, coddled
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 10 ounces romaine lettuce
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- Place anchovies and fresh garlic in a wooden salad bowl. Crush into a fine paste with 2 dinner forks.
- Add Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce to paste and stir.
- Add egg yolk and continue to stir.
- SLOWLY add olive oil while continuously stirring.
- Add lemon juice, red wine vinegar and half of the parmesan cheese then stir.
- Place the Romaine lettuce on the dressing mixture and toss, making sure to wet all sides of the lettuce leaves.
- Add croutons and the remaining parmesan cheese then toss lightly.
- Serve on cold plates with chilled forks.
- Sprinkle with ground pepper to taste (Optional).
This dressing is so easy to make and DELICIOUS!!! I made enough to have extra & at this rate it won't last for long. No more store bought Caesar for me!
OMG!! This is the best caesar salad dressing I have ever made. It is just like the caesar salad that I've had at the 5-star restaurants in Newport Beach & Laguna Beach. And now I can make it myself. Everyone was so impressed, they thought that I had bought it from a restaurant. Thank you soooooo much for sharing this recipe. I hope that you don't get into any trouble revealing your restaurant's secret recipes, I guess since you're the head chef, you can do what you want. I would give this 6-Stars if I could.
This Caesar Salad turned out delicious! I completely followed the recipe, the dressing got a little too thick but I thinned it with sour cream and it was divine! This is going the only caesar dressing used in my house. Thank you for posting!