1/1 Photo of Classic Caesar Salad
Chef Surf'n Safari's Note:
This recipe is the classic original Caesar Salad with the dressing made from scratch. It has that bite that the best Caesar Salad dressings are supposed to have. This dressing will wow your guests and have them asking you where you bought it. I learned and refined this recipe while in culinary school. It is very important that you use fresh ingredients that have not been pre-processed (ie. lemon not bottle of lemon juice, block of parmesan cheese not parmesan cheese already grated in a container, etc.).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce anchovy (approximately 2)
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic (approximately 4 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg yolk, coddled
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 10 ounces romaine lettuce
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- 1Place anchovies and fresh garlic in a wooden salad bowl. Crush into a fine paste with 2 dinner forks.
- 2Add Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce to paste and stir.
- 3Add egg yolk and continue to stir.
- 4SLOWLY add olive oil while continuously stirring.
- 5Add lemon juice, red wine vinegar and half of the parmesan cheese then stir.
- 6Place the Romaine lettuce on the dressing mixture and toss, making sure to wet all sides of the lettuce leaves.
- 7Add croutons and the remaining parmesan cheese then toss lightly.
- 8Serve on cold plates with chilled forks.
- 9Sprinkle with ground pepper to taste (Optional).
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Caesar Salad
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 721.4
- Calories from Fat 588
- Total Fat 65.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 107.5 mg
- Sodium 1077.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 14.6 g