Nothing out of the ordinary here but well worth the fuss of making and eating :)from Betty Crocker's Salads, 1977.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove, cut into halves
- 8 anchovy fillets, cut up
- 78.07 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml dry mustard
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 1 lemon
- 78.07 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1Rub the inside of a salad bowl with garlic clove and discard clove.
- 2Stir anchovy pieces, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, and spices to make a dressing.
- 3Coat lettuce with dressing.
- 4Break cottled egg (directions below) over salad squeeze lemon and add croutons, (directions below) and cheese.
- 5Toss and serve.
- 6To make croutons: Butter both sides of bread and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- 7Cut into cubes and toast either in a dry skillet or in a 400F oven until golden and dry. about 10-15 minutes.
- 8To make coddled egg: Place cold egg in warm water.
- 9Cover with boiling water for 30 seconds
- 10Immerse in ice water to stop cooking process.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Caesar Salad
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.4
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 44.6 mg
- Sodium 617.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 7.5 g