A classic frosting used in my family for generations.
Make and share this Classic Buttercream Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- Place butter, shortening, milk, vanilla, salt and one pound of sugar in large bowl.
- Beat at low speed until combined.
- Gradually add the other pound of sugar.
- Stop and scrape sides.
- Beat on high until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Keep covered with plastic wrap to prevent crusting.
- Chocolate Buttercream: For each pound of sugar used in the butter cream, allow 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa, 3 tablespoons butter and 0.125 teaspoon salt.