1/3 Photos of Classic Buttercream Frosting
A classic frosting used in my family for generations.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place butter, shortening, milk, vanilla, salt and one pound of sugar in large bowl.
- 2Beat at low speed until combined.
- 3Gradually add the other pound of sugar.
- 4Stop and scrape sides.
- 5Beat on high until mixture is light and fluffy.
- 6Keep covered with plastic wrap to prevent crusting.
- 7Chocolate Buttercream: For each pound of sugar used in the butter cream, allow 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa, 3 tablespoons butter and 0.125 teaspoon salt.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Buttercream Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 662.3
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 47.8 mg
- Sodium 84.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 113.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 111.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g