1/1 Photo of Classic Butter Crust Bread
2 hrs 30 mins
Evoking memories of small-town bakeries, this classic white loaf does it all- breakfast, toast, sandwiches, bread with a pot roast dinner. Leftovers make great croutons, French toast or bread pudding.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1Add sugar, salt, buttermilk and better to the bread pan.
- 22. Spoon flour on top of liquid. Add yeast.
- 33. Select Basic/White cycle and Light Crust setting and press Start.
- 4Topping: After bread final rise and just before baking, press Pause.
- 5Raise the lid, cut 1/2 inch slash down the length of the bread.
- 6and brush with melted butter. Close lid and press Start to continue cycle.
- 7I prefer using the Dough cycle, remove, shape, let rise and bake in the oven,.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Butter Crust Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1002 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1327.0
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 78.4 mg
- Sodium 2761.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 225.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 34.4 g
- Protein 33.4 g