Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Evoking memories of small-town bakeries, this classic white loaf does it all- breakfast, toast, sandwiches, bread with a pot roast dinner. Leftovers make great croutons, French toast or bread pudding.
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups lukewarm buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Add sugar, salt, buttermilk and better to the bread pan.
- 2. Spoon flour on top of liquid. Add yeast.
- 3. Select Basic/White cycle and Light Crust setting and press Start.
- Topping: After bread final rise and just before baking, press Pause.
- Raise the lid, cut 1/2 inch slash down the length of the bread.
- and brush with melted butter. Close lid and press Start to continue cycle.
- I prefer using the Dough cycle, remove, shape, let rise and bake in the oven,.