Recipe by Azzurri
This delicious bruschetta is easy to make and very tasty! Great as a starter for an Italian meal, I like it with lasagna. I havn't yet tried it with sun dried tomatoes but I will try it next time.
- 8 slices ciabatta (or any rustic country style bread)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh basil leaf, shredded
- salt and pepper
- sun-dried tomato (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the ciabatta slices in the oven at around 200C/400F, for 10-15 mins turning once halfway until crispy.
- Meanwhile chop the cherry tomatoes in half and toss them with the olive oil, basil, sun dried tomatoes if using and salt and pepper to taste.
- When the Ciabatta is done, chop the garlic cloves in half and rub on both sides of the bread.
- Top with the tomato mix (around 3 cherry tomato halves to each slice. Top with some whole basil leaves if you like.
- Serve immediately.