The Giggle Box's Note:
This is a recipe from Cook's Illustrated. These are the "perfect" brownies according to America's Test Kitchen. I haven't tried this recipe yet, so I am guessing on the cook and prep times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2Cut 18" length foil and fold lenghtwise to 8" width.
- 3Fit foil into 13x9" baking dish.
- 4Make sure it is in the corners and sides of the baking dish.
- 5Make sure that the foil hangs over the side.
- 6Cut a 14 inch length foil, and fit into width of pan, perpendicular to first sheet.
- 7Make sure the foil hangs over the side.
- 8Spray foil with cooking spray.
- 9In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder; set aside.
- 10Melt chocolate and butter in double broiler, stirring until smooth.
- 11When chocolate is smooth, remove from heat and gradually whisk in sugar.
- 12Add eggs one at a time, whisking after each egg.
- 13Add in vanilla.
- 14Add 1/3 flour mixture, fold in with rubber spatula.
- 15Repeat until all flour is used and mix is smooth.
- 16Pour batter into prepared pan- make sure to spread brownie mix into corners of pan.
- 17Smooth the surface for even baking.
- 18If using nuts, sprinkle them on top.
- 19Cook brownies for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the brownies comes out clean.
- 20Cool in pan on wire rack for 2 hours.
- 21Remove brownies from pan by lifting foil over-hang.
- 22Cut brownies into 2" squares.
- 23Brownies can can be stored in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.6
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 74.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 2.6 g