Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe from Cook's Illustrated. These are the "perfect" brownies according to America's Test Kitchen. I haven't tried this recipe yet, so I am guessing on the cook and prep times.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Cut 18" length foil and fold lenghtwise to 8" width.
- Fit foil into 13x9" baking dish.
- Make sure it is in the corners and sides of the baking dish.
- Make sure that the foil hangs over the side.
- Cut a 14 inch length foil, and fit into width of pan, perpendicular to first sheet.
- Make sure the foil hangs over the side.
- Spray foil with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder; set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter in double broiler, stirring until smooth.
- When chocolate is smooth, remove from heat and gradually whisk in sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, whisking after each egg.
- Add in vanilla.
- Add 1/3 flour mixture, fold in with rubber spatula.
- Repeat until all flour is used and mix is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan- make sure to spread brownie mix into corners of pan.
- Smooth the surface for even baking.
- If using nuts, sprinkle them on top.
- Cook brownies for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the brownies comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 2 hours.
- Remove brownies from pan by lifting foil over-hang.
- Cut brownies into 2" squares.
- Brownies can can be stored in an airtight container up to 3 days.