A delicious chocolate brownie from Woman's Day magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder, but really good (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil; butter the foil.
- 2Microwave the butter and chocolate in a medium bowl, stirring every 10 seconds, until melted and blended.
- 3Cool slightly; then, with a whisk, stir in sugar (mixture will become grainy). Whisk in eggs, one at a time. Whisk in vanilla.
- 4Gently stir in espresso, salt and flour just until blended. With a rubber spatula, fold in walnuts. Scrape batter into prepared pan; smooth top.
- 5Bake 30-35 minutes until top is dull and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist, chocolate-streaked crumbs attached. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- 6Invert on rack, peel off foil and invert onto a cutting board. Cut into 16 squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.5
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.9 mg
- Sodium 46.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g