Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 10 -11 ounces warm milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Put milk in bread machine, followed by salt, sugar, butter, flour, yeast.
- My preference is to process on the dough setting until dough is ready and take out and bake as a normal loaf.
- If not follow the instructions on your bread machine for a 1 1/2 lb loaf.
I just got a bread machine and this was the first loaf I made. I chose this recipe because it uses milk rather than dried milk powder. It made a lovely big fluffy loaf. I was so proud of it!! Thanks for posting it!
A simple recipe to follow, and a wonderful fluffy white bread in the morning. I think next time I will add one more teaspoon of yeast. I like my bread very fluffy, and I will set my breadmaker on the medium crust, instead of light. The crust ended up light in colour (as expected) I would like it a more golden brown colour. But that again is a personal preference. Great bread for toast
Perfect. I stopped the bread machine after the first rise and then split the dough between two loaf pans. I let that rise for about 35 minutes and then baked in a 375 degre oven for about 35 minutes.