1 hr 45 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery leaves (from inner celery ribs)
- 1 lb firm white bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes and dried overnight (or in the oven)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2-2 cups turkey broth or 1 1/2-2 cups chicken broth, as needed
- 1In a big skillet, melt the butter over medium heat; add in onions, celery, and celery leaves.
- 2Cook, stirring often, until the onions are golden, about 8 minutes.
- 3Scrape the vegetable mixture into a big bowl; mix in the bread cubes, parsley, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- 4Gradually stir in about 1 ½ cups of broth, until the stuffing is evenly moistened but not soggy.
- 5Transfer stuffing to a lightly buttered casserole dish; drizzle with ½ cup broth, cover, and bake in a preheated 350° oven for 30-45 minutes (if you like crusty stuffing, remove foil the last 15 minutes of baking).
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Bread Stuffing With Onions, Celery, and Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (1092 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.8
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 675.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: