Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my favorite bran muffin recipe. It's so easy and delicious! I got it from another website a couple of years ago.
- 354.88 ml wheat bran or 354.88 ml oat bran
- 236.59 ml buttermilk (or soy buttermilk, Soy "Buttermilk", to make them dairy-free)
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil (can replace all or some with applesauce to make them lower fat)
- 1 eggs or 59.14 ml Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 158.51 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Mix together wheat bran and buttermilk; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Beat together oil, egg, sugar and vanilla and add to buttermilk/bran mixture.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into buttermilk mixture, until just blended.
- Fold in raisins and spoon batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy!
These are excellent! The reviews are true!! The only modification I made was instead of the raisins, I folded in a banana or two that I chopped into small pieces. Delicious! Thanks Kree, for posting this recipe:)
Very good! Used 1/2 whole wheat flour and 1/2 white flour and kept the rest of the recipe as-is. Tastes wonderful! Thanks!
Great Muffin! I added an extra egg, used half whole wheat flour, and added 1/4 cup white sugar. PERFECT!