Recipe by Kree
This is my favorite bran muffin recipe. It's so easy and delicious! I got it from another website a couple of years ago.
Top Review by birdinhand
These are excellent! The reviews are true!! The only modification I made was instead of the raisins, I folded in a banana or two that I chopped into small pieces. Delicious! Thanks Kree, for posting this recipe:)
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat bran or 1 1⁄2 cups oat bran
- 1 cup buttermilk (or soy buttermilk, Soy "Buttermilk", to make them dairy-free)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil (can replace all or some with applesauce to make them lower fat)
- 1 eggs or 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Mix together wheat bran and buttermilk; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Beat together oil, egg, sugar and vanilla and add to buttermilk/bran mixture.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into buttermilk mixture, until just blended.
- Fold in raisins and spoon batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy!