Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from Canada from All recipes
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat bran
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners,.
- Mix together wheat bran and buttermilk; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Beat together oil, egg, sugar, and vanilla and add to buttemilk/bran mixture.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into buttermilk mixture, until just blended.
- Fold in raisins and spoon batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy.
Great muffin and very moist. I was out of wheat bran so used oat bran with great results. I also subbed dried cranberries for the raisins. Great with a cup of coffee! Made for Best of 2011 game.
Why does this recipe have just one review? This makes fabulous muffins and has just become my best go to bran muffin recipe. I used Splenda Brown and 1/3 cup of raisins. They came out as light as angel wings and nothing short of scrumptious. I have always preferred using natural bran instead of the additive laden commercial bran cereals. I think I had better stock up on bran the next time I shop! Bless you Lynn :D
I had to try this recipe.I have Wheat Bran that I bought to make bread and I was happy to find another use for it.I usually make my Bran Muffins with All Bran and I must say I prefer this method.I added a bit of dried cranberries to the raisins;turned out so good.I made this for PhotoTag. Thank you for posting. Rita