Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderful bran muffin that my Mom always made and now I carry on the tradition. This recipe came from the back of Rogers Wheat Bran. Quick to make, plus the recipe doubles well and freezes excellent.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together Rogers Wheat Bran and buttermilk; let stand.
- Combine the vegetable oil, egg, sugar and vanilla and add it to the bran-buttermilk mixture, this is now your first mixture.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add to the first mixture, stir until just blended and add the raisins.
- Line muffin tins with baking cup papers and spoon into baking cup papers using all the batter.
- Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Note: I bake mine for only 15 minutes and find them much moister.
Yep, these are the muffins Mama used to make. Changes due to what I had available: melted butter instead of oil, Fiber One cereal instead of brand mentioned, vinegar and milk instead of buttermilk, and white whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour. I added blueberries to the second half of the batter. Awesome delicious either way. Next batch I'm going to try adding drained crushed pineapple. Thank you for the food memory from my childhood!
Yummy! I added an extra third cup of brown sugar and chocolate chips instead of raisins. We loved them!
These turned out great! I followed the recipe exactly. Even my husband, who was wasn't sure bran muffins were for him, really liked these. Thanks so much, Katherine!