1/2 Photos of Classic Bran Muffins
Katherine in Alberta's Note:
This is a wonderful bran muffin that my Mom always made and now I carry on the tradition. This recipe came from the back of Rogers Wheat Bran. Quick to make, plus the recipe doubles well and freezes excellent.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Mix together Rogers Wheat Bran and buttermilk; let stand.
- 3Combine the vegetable oil, egg, sugar and vanilla and add it to the bran-buttermilk mixture, this is now your first mixture.
- 4Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 5Add to the first mixture, stir until just blended and add the raisins.
- 6Line muffin tins with baking cup papers and spoon into baking cup papers using all the batter.
- 7Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 8Note: I bake mine for only 15 minutes and find them much moister.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.4
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 263.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 3.6 g