Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Mean Chef, this is probably one of the best crumbcakes that I have ever made!... buttery rich and loaded with my favorite fruit, blueberries, the fruit added to the crumb topping makes it extra special...we had this warm out of the oven, topped with icecream, yummmmmm!... I will be making this again and again!... thanks so much for sharing...Kittencal:)
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature,plus more for the pan
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumb topping: In a medium bowl, combine cinnamon, salt, sugar, and flour; cut in the butter using your hands, 2 knives, or a pastry blender until well combined and crumbly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a bowl, set aside.
- Butter a 9-inch square baking pan, set aside.
- In the bowl of electric mixer fitter with the paddle attachment, cream butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time until well combined.
- Add vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Add reserved flour mixture and the sour cream, and beat just until well combined.
- Fold in 2 cups blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Toss remaining cup blueberries with the crumb topping.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over cake.
- Bake until golden brown and cake tester comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.