1/17 Photos of Classic BLT Sandwich
This is a sandwich that I crave a lot. I am just posting it because I couldn't find it posted already on the Zaar...I couldn't believe that! My ex-DH wondered how I make these, so I decided to post it and send him the recipe. Nothing fancy -- just the real, simple, unabridged version. UPDATE: After reading Peg629's review, I have tried it that way, with one slice of toast spread with yellow mustard, and I must say it really, really makes an exceptional BLT! Such a subtle difference, yet genuinely makes a superior BLT, in my opinion! (Thank you Peg629 for that awesome suggestion!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon until crispy, then drain on paper towels.
- 2Toast the 8 slices of bread.
- 3Spread 1 tablespoon mayo on each slice of toasted bread. (More or less, to taste).
- 4Add 1 slice of lettuce to 4 pieces of mayo-spreaded toast.
- 5Add 2 slices of tomato on top of lettuce.
- 6Arrange 3 slices of bacon evenly on top of tomato. (Break bacon slices in half to fit, if needed.).
- 7Add 1 slice of lettuce on top of bacon.
- 8Put the remaining 4 pieces of mayo-spreaded toast on top to finish the sandwiches.
- 10NOTE: I also like to butter the toast slices before adding the mayo -- higher in fat, but tastier, in my opinion!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic BLT Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.7
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.2 mg
- Sodium 940.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 11.1 g