Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The perfect lunch!
- 2 bagels
- 10 slices bacon
- 1⁄2-1 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 tablespoons Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup shredded lettuce
- salt and pepper
- Fry bacon 6-10 minutes or until desired crispiness (turn often with tongs).
- Put the cooked bacon onto paper towels to dry.
- Meanwhile, slice one bagel in half and toast the halves (until desired 'toastiness').
- Spread both sides of bagel with mayo.
- Layer one side of bagel with five slices of the bacon and cover with half the shredded lettuce. Top with a couple slices of tomato.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on other side of bagel and sandwich together.
- Make the other bagel the same way.
Classic made better on a bagel. I used only three slices of bacon per sandwich.
Terrific sandwich! I treat myself to real bacon a couple of times a year and I wanted a BLT. I made this sandwich using sun-dried tomato bagels from a local bakery. And a tip I learned at my mother's knee: if you put the bacon in between the tomato and lettuce it helps to hold the sandwich together better.
Fantastic weekend brunch. Instead of frying our bacon we cooked in the microwave. Served with Paul Newmans ranch dressing. Thanks Kellogs :)