Perfect vegetarian meal, and easy to make.
Make and share this Classic Black Beans and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Saute the onion till it begins to caramelize.
- Add garlic, then bell pepper.
- Saute some more, then add the black beans.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer till thickened. If you need more water, add a bit at a time.
- Instead of salt, use a packet of goya sazon, available in the Spanish section of your local supermarket - at least in the East Coast. Otherwise just use salt.
- Serve over rice.