Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very tasty, creamy recipe for the classic stroganoff that your family will love!
- 1 lb beef sirloin steak, 1/2 inch thick
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups cooked egg noodles
- Cut beef across grain into about 1 1/2 X 1/2 inch strips.
- Cook mushrooms, onions & garlic in margarine in 10 inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally until onions are tender, remove from skillet.
- Cook beef in same skillet until brown, I usually add more butter before cooking.
- Stir in 1 cup of the broth, salt and worcestershire sauce.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat.
- Cover & simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir remaining 1/2 cup broth into flour and mix, then stir into beef mixture.
- Add onion mixture; heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 mintute.
- Stir in sour cream, heat until hot - DO NOT Boil. (You may not use all the sour cream just add gradually.).
- Serve over hot egg noodles.
This recipe was very tasty. I did not add mushrooms and as always, added more garlic (3 cloves). The only problem I had with the recipe was that towards the end of the simmering, the liquid was almost gone, so when I added the flour/broth mixture, I had to also add even more broth than the recipe called for. I also felt that 1 1/2 cups of sour cream was too much so I only did 1/2 cup. Overall the taste was great. The meat was pretty tender and everything went great with buttered egg noodles. Thanks for the recipe!