This is a very tasty, creamy recipe for the classic stroganoff that your family will love!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb beef sirloin steak, 1/2 inch thick
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1Cut beef across grain into about 1 1/2 X 1/2 inch strips.
- 2Cook mushrooms, onions & garlic in margarine in 10 inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally until onions are tender, remove from skillet.
- 3Cook beef in same skillet until brown, I usually add more butter before cooking.
- 4Stir in 1 cup of the broth, salt and worcestershire sauce.
- 5Heat to boiling, reduce heat.
- 6Cover & simmer 15 minutes.
- 7Stir remaining 1/2 cup broth into flour and mix, then stir into beef mixture.
- 8Add onion mixture; heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- 9Boil and stir 1 mintute.
- 10Stir in sour cream, heat until hot - DO NOT Boil. (You may not use all the sour cream just add gradually.).
- 11Serve over hot egg noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Beef Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 772.7
- Calories from Fat 457
- Total Fat 50.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 149.0 mg
- Sodium 768.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 33.5 g