This recipe comes from the Southern Living Cookbook Classics. We have made a few changes to suit our needs. One of our most requested recipes!
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak (we use lean hamburger)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef consomme
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Partially freeze steak and slice diagonally across grain into 3" strips. (When we first made this recipe we only had hamburger in the house. We later made it with steak and found we preferred it with hamburger.)
- Cook mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium-high heat until browned, stirring frequently. Add flour and next four ingredients, stirring well. Bring to a boil; reduce simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sour cream; cook until heated throughly (do not boil.) Serve over warm angelhair pasta and garnish with parsley.