Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Longing for beef stew like your stay-at-home mom used to make? Can't find the time to peel the potatoes and carrots after a busy day at the office? Not wanting to be eating at 9:00pm on a school night? This is the beef stew recipe for you!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak, 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 ounce dry onion (1 whole envelope) or 1⁄2 ounce mushroom soup mix (1 whole envelope)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 14 1⁄2 ounces new potatoes, in chunks
- 10 ounces peas and carrots, frozen
- 8 ounces mushrooms, drained (optional)
- Brown cubed beef in large skillet with oil.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer 10 minutes (no lid) or until steak is cooked through.
- Serve with crusty bread or dinner rolls, if desired.