Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
The trick with these kebabs is to cook the meat separately from the vegetables so nothing overcooks.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb beef tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground and divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb cremini mushroom, stemmed and halved
- cooking spray
- Combine 2 teaspoons oil, rosemary, and garlic in a large zip-top bag. Add beef; seal and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Remove beef from bag; discard marinade. Thread beef evenly onto 6 wooden skewers; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Combine remaining 1 teaspoon oil and juice in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms, tossing to coat.
- Thread each vegetable separately onto skewers; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Place beef and vegetable kebabs on the barbecue coated with cooking spray. Grill onion and pepper kebabs 10 minutes. Grill beef kebabs 9 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Grill tomato and mushroom kebabs 7 minutes.
i bought some tenderloin tips on sale today and i didnt know what to do with them..there are only a few recipes which use the tips. I made these kabobs per recipe --my only changes are that i used small portobello mushrooms, red/yellow peppers and onions for the veggies. I cut my veggies large and my meat small so that I didnt need to precook the meat. Thanks Abby Girl for this great recipe