Recipe by billikers
These Mexican-American "roll-ups" differ from tacos primarily because flour rather than corn tortillas are used.
- 8 flour tortillas
- 4 cups refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- minced jalapenos or other fresh chili pepper
- sour cream (optional)
- minced scallions (optional) or snipped fresh chives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Divide tortillas into 2 batches and wrap in aluminum foil. Warm in oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and lay the tortillas flat on a work surface. Spoon beans, cheddar, onions and peppers down the middle of each, dividing evenly and leaving a margin of about 1 1/2 inches from the bottom edge.
- Fold the bottom of the tortilla up, then roll it from one side into a cylinder. Place the burritos on a baking sheet and bake until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Serve at once. If desired, garnish with sour cream and scallions (or chives).