Recipe by Carol V.
I have had this for ages. I know there are many just like it on the net, but this is my all time favorite Pesto recipe
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts or 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup high quality olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine basil, garlic, cheeses, and nuts in food processor or blender. Process to mix. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Process to desired consistency. Let stand 5 minutes. Thin pesto with a few tablespoons cream or hot pasta cooking water before tossing with hot pasta (fettuccine or linguine).