Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is the 'Classic' Pesto. This recipe is also from Diana Shaw's Essential Vegetarian. Now you've seen her recipes, go out & get the book, its Awesome!
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cups fresh basil, packed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Put everything into the food processor, pulse to combine, then whiz away to make a paste.
Easy & wonderful. Classic!
I'm not rating, as I used this recipe as a "jumping off" point, but then pretty much did my own thing. I thought I had 2 cups of basil, but turns out when I packed it, there really was only about 1 1/2 cups. And I used 4 really big cloves of garlic. And increased the pine nuts, olive oil and parmesan to 1/4 cup each. And then added a tablespoon of lemon juice, too. So, it really wasn't this recipe in the end, but it was yummy.
I've tried this one before (from Diana Shaw's cookbook), it's yummy. I must have signed that cookbook out of the library four times already. It's a great book. Thanks for sharing.