Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This recipe is compliments of Southern Living magazine. You may put these on before you leave for work or cook them overnight and refrigerate until dinnertime. If you make this recipe a day ahead, refrigerate overnight and remove fat from the sauce before reheating. If you reheat in the microwave, use 50% power.
- 4 lbs country-style pork ribs, country-style, bone-in
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce (suggest A.1. Steak Sauce)
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Cut ribs apart, if necessary, and trim excess fat; sprinkle 1 teaspoons salt evenly over ribs.
- Stir together remaining 1 teaspoons salt, onion, and next 9 ingredients until blended.
- Pour half of onion mixture into a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Place ribs in slow cooker, and pour remaining mixture over ribs.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 6 to 7 hours or until ribs are tender.
- Garnish, if desired.
These were very tender, but we didn't care for the sauce at all...doubt if I'd make them again. Sorry!